- HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR WRITING STYLE – blog posting written for Fantasy, Futuristic & Paranormal Chapter of RWA (Sept 2011)
- HOW WRITER’S VISUALIZE
- CREATING SUPER POWERS: From a guest post done on July 16th @ the The Bookish Snob
- SELF-PUBLISHING REFERENCE MATERIAL: updated when I get the chance)
- Is Self-Publishing / E Publishing the New Black? – Considerations for Self-publishing (PDF handout from the Baltimore Book Festival – Sept 2011)
Notable Links for Writer Helps by other authors
Rachel Aaron’s Blog Post: How I Went From Writing 2,000 Words a Day to 10,000 Words a Day. This is a wonderful for process as well as methodology to increase your daily word count.
Jim Butcher Blog/Forum for Writers (listed in the order he posted):
- Story Craft (9/21/2004)
- Conflict, Logical Response, Point of View (9/23/2004)
- Fundamentals – Story Skeletons (9/29/2004)
- Characters (2/10/2005)
- The Great Swampy Middle (7/11/2006)
- Scenes (12/28/2006)
- Sequels (12/29/2006)
- Story Climax (11/19/2007)
- Putting it all together (4/23/2008)
Pacing/Story Arc – Wonderful 5 minute video by the Penny-Arcade on pacing using Star Wars. This is targeted toward video game developers but the approach is the same for designing a fictional story.
So you Want to be a Writer? Advice to a 10-year-old – Good advice on the Writer Life from comic book writer Ron Marz
Writer’s Must Kill Self-doubt Before Self-doubt Kills Them – Great advice from Chuck Wendig’s blog
Eisley Jacob’s blog: Indie-Bound Wrap Up – Over two weeks of folks around the indie publishing industry posting their insights and findings to help other indie authors.
- Day One: Indie Author: Denise Grover Swank and Indie Editor: Jim Thomsen – Importance of an editor
- Day Two: Indie Author: Breanna Teintze – What’s it like being an indie author? Like being a traditional author, only more so.
- Day Three: Indie Author: LK Gardner-Griffie – Her story about the Indie Road
- Day Four: Indie Author: Anne Riley – Interview (Agent to submission to indie)
- Day Five: Indie Author: Deborah Riley-Mangus – To Be or Not To Be?
- Day Six: Indie Author: Heather McCorkle – From agent to submission to indie
- Day Seven: Indie Author: Jolyn Palliata – The Stigma of Self Publishing
- Day Eight: Indie Author: Trish McCallan – Hard Choices
- Day Nine: Branli Caidryn – Going rogue! –err Indie
- Day Ten: Jeena Papaadi – Writes and gives a few pointers about her indie experience.
- Day Eleven: Claudie H. Christian – 5 things a NYT bestselling author will tell you about publishing after a few shots of tequila
- Day Twelve: Kristie Cook – How I decided to go Indie.
- Day Thirteen: Cassandra Marshall – Talks about the importance of an editor
- Day Fourteen: Donna and Alex Carrick – Chat about books, e-books and the changing publishing industry.
- Day Fifteen: Penny Holguin – It’s not called failure, it’s called experience!
- Day Sixteen: Megan Curd – Interview about her book BRIDGER and her upcoming releases.
- Day Seventeen: Icy Sedgwick – Publishing with an Indie Small Press
Just for fun and because I have several writer friends who fit this!